Mini Hot Dogs 'n' Meatballs
Hot appetizers don't come much easier than this recipe. It's so popular I usually double the recipe if I have a larger crock pot. You can vary the meats to suit your family's tastes, or increase the heat factor by using a spicier barbecue or spaghetti sauce. Serve with fancy party picks. —Andrea Chamberlain, Macedon, New York
12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature hot dogs or smoked sausages
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on
- low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 272 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 1,697 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.