Mini Hot Browns Recipe
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 18 slices snack rye bread
- 6 ounces sliced deli turkey
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 5 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Dissolve bouillon in water; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; add cream and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted. Remove from heat.
- 3. Place bread on two baking sheets. Layer each with turkey, onion and cheese mixture. Sprinkle with bacon. Bake until heated through, 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 appetizer: 98 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Mini Hot Browns
"Great Kentucky tradition. Back home they add a slice of tomato in lieu of a slice of onion. For me, I like to have both on my hot brown."
"Delicious and very easy"
"This is wonderful....quick and delious.....perfect for Bunco get together...."