My Mini Hot Browns are a smaller version of the famous Hot Brown sandwich. Guests quickly saddle up for juicy turkey slices and crispy bacon, piled on toasted rye bread and then topped with a rich cheese sauce. —Annette Grahl Midway, Kentucky
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 18 slices snack rye bread
- 6 ounces sliced deli turkey
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon in water; set aside. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; stir in cream and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Remove from the heat.
- Place bread slices on two baking sheets. Layer each with turkey, onion and cheese sauce. Sprinkle with bacon. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Mini Hot Browns in Taste of Home April/May 2007, p15
Reviews for Mini Hot Browns
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review