Mini Hawaiian Burgers Recipe
These are great burgers for a luau or any backyard gathering! I came up with this while trying to find something new that my husband would enjoy. He had no idea they were turkey burgers, and now he asks for them all the time! —Kathleen Manasian, Whitmore Lake, MI
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 pound uncooked chorizo or Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 12 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split
- 6 lettuce leaves, cut in half
- 12 slices tomato
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice. In a large bowl, combine pineapple, green onion, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Add turkey and chorizo; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into twelve 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Place on a broiler pan. Broil burgers 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix ketchup and reserved pineapple juice. Serve burgers on rolls with lettuce, tomato and ketchup mixture. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Mini Hawaiian Burgers in Simple & Delicious June/July 2013, p50
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mini Hawaiian Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2013
This has become a family favorite. For our tastes, I reduced the amount of chorizo to about 1/4 lb.
More Recipe Collections
- Burger Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Sausage Dinner Recipes >