Mini Hawaiian Burgers Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 pound uncooked chorizo or Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 12 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split
- 6 lettuce leaves, cut in half
- 12 slices tomato
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice. In a large bowl, combine pineapple, green onion, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Add turkey and chorizo; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into twelve 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- 2. Place on a broiler pan. Broil burgers 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix ketchup and reserved pineapple juice. Serve burgers on rolls with lettuce, tomato and ketchup mixture. Yield: 12 servings.
1 burger equals 277 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 625 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.