Mini Hawaiian Burgers Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 pound uncooked chorizo or Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 12 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split
- 6 lettuce leaves, cut in half
- 12 slices tomato
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice. In a large bowl, combine pineapple, green onion, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Add turkey and chorizo; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into twelve 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Place on a broiler pan. Broil burgers 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix ketchup and reserved pineapple juice. Serve burgers on rolls with lettuce, tomato and ketchup mixture. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mini Hawaiian Burgers
Sort By :
"Delicious! I'll be making this one again, for sure. I used spicy pork sausage instead of chorizo, and I made the burgers ~1/4lb instead of minis. King's Hawaiian makes sweet bread hamburger buns, and they were perfect with the larger burgers.However, unless you are serving these with fries, I'd recommend making about half the amount of ketchup mixture if you don't want extra - each burger only required about 1 Tbsp of sauce (less than that for minis), and I wound up with a lot of extra ketchup mixture the first time I prepared this recipe."
"This has become a family favorite. For our tastes, I reduced the amount of chorizo to about 1/4 lb."