Mini Ham Quiches
"These cute quiches are easy to fix for an after-church brunch when you don't want to fuss," relates Marilou Robinson of Portland, Oregon. "They're versatile, too. Replace the ham with bacon, sausage, chicken or shrimp...or substitute chopped onion, red pepper or zucchini for the olives," she suggests.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the ham, cheddar cheese and olives; divide
- among 12 greased muffin cups. In another bowl, combine the remaining
- ingredients just until blended.
- Pour over ham mixture. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a
- knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5
- minutes before serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 141 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 332 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.