- 6 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended; stir in chives. Divide ham and cheese among eight muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Top with egg mixture, filling cups three-fourths full.
- Bake 22-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Carefully run a knife around sides to loosen. Yield: 8 mini frittatas.
Reviews for Mini Ham 'n' Cheese Frittatas
"I used 7 whole eggs and one egg white and omitted the salt (I NEVER add salt when ham is an ingredient), and baked it for 20 minutes. It made 12 mini-frittatas. 3 of us polished them off in less than 5 minutes."
"Followed the recipe to a "T", too salty and it's texture was akin to rubber...I'll keep searching."
"Excellent! Made these for brunch today. I omitted the salt and used Mrs. Dash's Garlic and Herb Seasoning instead. Recipe actually made 12 mini frittatas."
"Delicious! I used Canadian bacon instead of ham and egg substitute for the egg whites. My muffin tin must be smaller cuz I ended up with a full dozen muffins and ended up cooking them about 27 mins."
"These were really good, I had no problems with water from the ham and did not reduce the salt. I guess it depends what kind of ham you have."