Mini Ham 'n' Cheese Frittatas Recipe
- 6 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended; stir in chives. Divide ham and cheese among eight muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Top with egg mixture, filling cups three-fourths full.
- 2. Bake 22-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Carefully run a knife around sides to loosen. Yield: 8 frittatas.
1 frittata equals 106 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 167 mg cholesterol, 428 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 medium-fat meat.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.