Mini Ham 'n' Cheese Frittatas
I found this recipe a few years ago and tried to make it with it with a few changes. I'm diabetic, and this fits into my low-carb and low-fat diet. Every time I serve a brunch, the frittatas are the first thing to disappear, and nobody knows they are low fat! —Susan Watt, Basking Ridge, New Jersey
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 pound cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Divide ham among eight muffin cups coated with cooking spray; top
- with cheese. In a large bowl, beat eggs and whites. Beat in the
- chives, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over cheese, filling each muffin
- cup three-fourths full.
- Bake at 375° for 22-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Carefully run a knife around edges to
- loosen; remove from pan. Serve warm. Yield: 8 frittatas.
Nutritional Facts: 1 frittata equals 106 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 167 mg cholesterol, 428 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling