- 6 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended; stir in chives. Divide ham and cheese among eight muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Top with egg mixture, filling cups three-fourths full.
- Bake 22-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Carefully run a knife around sides to loosen. Yield: 8 mini frittatas.
Reviews for Mini Ham 'n' Cheese Frittatas
"I used 7 whole eggs and one egg white and omitted the salt (I NEVER add salt when ham is an ingredient), and baked it for 20 minutes. It made 12 mini-frittatas. 3 of us polished them off in less than 5 minutes."
"Followed the recipe to a "T", too salty and it's texture was akin to rubber...I'll keep searching."
"Excellent! Made these for brunch today. I omitted the salt and used Mrs. Dash's Garlic and Herb Seasoning instead. Recipe actually made 12 mini frittatas."
"Delicious! I used Canadian bacon instead of ham and egg substitute for the egg whites. My muffin tin must be smaller cuz I ended up with a full dozen muffins and ended up cooking them about 27 mins."
"These were really good, I had no problems with water from the ham and did not reduce the salt. I guess it depends what kind of ham you have."
"Really tasty. I did mine in ramekins so I can just pop them in the microwave each morning. One question...mine ended up with lots of water from the ham in the bottom. Did anybody else have this problem or an idea of how to prevent that in the future?"
"This was very good and a nice presentation when done in cute ramekins. However, I would caution about adding salt. The ham and cheese add plenty. Mine turned out too salty, but I will definitely make these again without the salt."
"This is a great recipe to make ahead and take to work the next morning for breakfast. I am a vegetarian, so I substituted the ham with veggie sausage. Thank you, Susan."
"My boyfriend rated this one because I didn't like it at all. I do not like my eggs that brown and the texture was way off for me. He didn't seem to mind, but wants me to add bacon if I make them again. (probably won't)"
"We all love these, so easy for on the go people!!"