Mini Green Bean Casserole
This green bean casserole is appealing because it's lighter than those with a cream sauce. The french-fried onions adds a delicious crunch.
-Mrs. Bert Benson, Park Rapids, Minnesota
2 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup french-fried onions
- In a greased 1-qt. baking dish, combine the beans and mushrooms. In a
- small bowl, combine cornstarch and mustard; gradually stir in broth
- until smooth. Pour over the vegetables. Dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with onions.
- Bake 5 minutes longer. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 262 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 939 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.