Mini Gorgonzola Stuffed Potatoes Recipe
- 48 small red potatoes
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 4 thick-sliced bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1. Scrub potatoes; place in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells. Cut thin slices from potato bottoms to level if necessary.
- 3. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with cream cheese, sour cream, butter, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir in Gorgonzola cheese and bacon. Spoon mixture into potato shells; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Place in two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 stuffed potato equals 73 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.