Mini Gorgonzola Stuffed Potatoes Recipe
Give twice-baked potatoes a tasty twist by using red potatoes, filling with a rich, creamy filling and serving as an elegant appetizer.Janis Scharnott, Fontana, Wisconsin
- 48 small red potatoes
- 4 ounces PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 4 thick-sliced bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Scrub potatoes; place in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells. Cut thin slices from potato bottoms to level if necessary.
- In a large bowl, mash the pulp with cream cheese, sour cream, butter, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir in Gorgonzola cheese and bacon. Spoon mixture into potato shells; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place in two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Mini Gorgonzola Stuffed Potatoes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p30
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mini Gorgonzola Stuffed Potatoes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >