Mini Elephant Ears
Our kids love to help stretch the pieces of convenient frozen dough to make these ears. After I fry them, the kids brush them with butter and sprinkle on the cinnamon-sugar. Then we all dig in!Malea Kruse, Huntertown, Indiana
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 10 frozen bread dough dinner rolls
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Thaw the dough at room temperature for about 2 hours. Heat oil in an
- electric skillet or deep-fat fryer to 375°. Combine the sugar
- and cinnamon; set aside.
- Stretch each piece of dough into a flat ear shape. Fry, a few at a
- time, for 1-1/2 minutes per side or until browned. Drain on paper
- towels. Brush with butter; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Yield: 10