Our kids love to help stretch the pieces of convenient frozen dough to make these ears. After I fry them, the kids brush them with butter and sprinkle on the cinnamon-sugar. Then we all dig in!—Malea Kruse, Huntertown, Indiana
- 10 frozen bread dough dinner rolls
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Thaw the dough at room temperature for about 2 hours. Heat oil in an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer to 375°. Combine the sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Stretch each piece of dough into a flat ear shape. Fry, a few at a time, for 1-1/2 minutes per side or until browned. Drain on paper towels. Brush with butter; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Mini Elephant Ears in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p14
Reviews for Mini Elephant Ears
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2012
"A 'cookie' fried from frozen bread dough bought at the grocery store. Children may aide you in painting on the melted butter & adding the cinnamon-sugar."