Our kids love to help stretch the pieces of convenient frozen dough to make these ears. After I fry them, the kids brush them with butter and sprinkle on the cinnamon-sugar. Then we all dig in!—Malea Kruse, Huntertown, Indiana
- 10 frozen bread dough dinner rolls
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Thaw the dough at room temperature for about 2 hours. Heat oil in an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer to 375°. Combine the sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Stretch each piece of dough into a flat ear shape. Fry, a few at a time, for 1-1/2 minutes per side or until browned. Drain on paper towels. Brush with butter; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Mini Elephant Ears in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p14
Reviews for Mini Elephant Ears
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2012
"A 'cookie' fried from frozen bread dough bought at the grocery store. Children may aide you in painting on the melted butter & adding the cinnamon-sugar."