Mini Egg Casserole Recipe
For a hearty breakfast treat, Lynn Stephens of Hermann, Missouri tops hash brown patties with eggs, cheese and vegetables. "This savory casserole can be prepared the day before ad popped into the oven in the morning. It's the most popular breakfast dish at my bed-and-breakfast," writes Lynn.
- 1 frozen hash brown patty, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- 1. Place the hash brown patty in a greased 3-cup baking dish. Arrange onion and green pepper around patty. Sprinkle with ham, mushrooms and cheese.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt, pepper and mustard; pour over cheese. Top with tomato. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving (1 each) equals 812 calories, 57 g fat (31 g saturated fat), 594 mg cholesterol, 2,068 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 42 g protein.
Reviews for Mini Egg Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC