Mini Egg Casserole Recipe
- 1 frozen hash brown patty, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- 1. Place the hash brown patty in a greased 3-cup baking dish. Arrange onion and green pepper around patty. Sprinkle with ham, mushrooms and cheese.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt, pepper and mustard; pour over cheese. Top with tomato. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 1 serving.
1 each: 812 calories, 57g fat (31g saturated fat), 594mg cholesterol, 2068mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 42g protein
Reviews for Mini Egg Casserole
"My children lost this recipe and I was looking forward to serving this at my soon to be sister in law's shower. Luckily, I found it here! I have served this for the past several years at church and for my family. I use the same recipe but adjust it to fill a 13x9 baking dish. It takes about 1.5 hours to bake but it is well worth it. Everyone comments on how wonderful this casserole is! Thanks for saving the day!"