Mini Crab Tarts
Frozen phyllo tart shells bake up to crispy perfection that’s heavenly with this warm, rich, creamy filling. They’re a snap to prepare with canned crabmeat. —Linda Stemen, Monroeville, Indiana
30 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Place tart shells in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk, mayonnaise, flour and salt
- until smooth. Stir in the crab, cheese and chopped onion. Spoon into
- tart shells.
- Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until set. Garnish with sliced
- onions if desired. Serve warm. Yield: 30 appetizers.