Mini Corn Muffins Recipe
"When my great-grandson was a teenager, he and his friends could hardly wait for these muffins to come out of the oven. The aroma is heavenly as they bake," writes field editor Ruby Williams of Bogalusa, Louisiana. "I like them because they're not crumbly like some lighter corn muffins."
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg substitute, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 16 muffins.
One muffin equals 58 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC