- 1-2/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 24 miniature hot dogs
- HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Cut in butter and shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients until a soft dough forms.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 6-8 times or until smooth. Roll out to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/4-in. biscuit cutter. Fold each dough circle over a hot dog and press edges to seal (dough will be sticky). Place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. In an small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with corn dogs. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Mini Corn Dogs(8)
Sort By :
These were very good. My grandchildren, who are corn dog connoisseurs, liked them very much. I used 1 cup of regular flour and 1 cup of cornmeal to make sure they were 'corn-doggy' enough. The mini-hot dogs I used were spicy which added to the entire flavor. I liked the honey mustard sauce, although the kids weren't going to touch it.
I thought the breading was bland. It needed a little ground mustard or a pinch of cayenne. Maybe just a bit of sugar. Ooo, or shredded cheese. Yep, that would have helped. But my kids ate them and they were simple to throw together (although I needed lots of extra flour to get the dough to where I could barely work with it). Overall, they were fair.
Very good. I fixed these while great grandkids were visiting during Christmas from N.C. for lunch. I made a double batch following recipe exactly, since I was serving 10, including the parents and aunt & uncle. They wiped the platter clean.
Oops, sorry about the bad math in my comment below. I cut 8 hot dogs into 3 pieces each for a total of 24 pieces.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >
- Sauces & Toppings Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Appetizers >