Mini Cinnamon Roll Cookies Recipe
Intense cinnamon flavor fills this yummy cross between a snickerdoodle and a cinnamon roll. They taste best with a cup of freshly-brewed coffee. —Mary Gauntt, Denton, Texas
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/4 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, 1 tablespoon honey and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape a heaping tablespoonful of dough into a 6-in. log. In a shallow bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; roll log in cinnamon-sugar. Loosely coil log into a spiral shape; place on a greased baking sheet. Repeat, placing cookies 1 in. apart. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. In a small bowl, melt baking chocolate with remaining honey; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 189 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC