Mini Chocolate Raspberry Cakes Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon raspberry extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- Chopped pecans and additional fresh raspberries, optional
- 1. In a bowl, beat the egg, sugar, water, oil and extracts until well blended. In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended.
- 2. Pour into four 4-in. fluted tube pans or 6-oz. ramekins coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. For raspberry sauce, in a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in raspberries and water; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Press through a sieve; discard seeds.
- 4. Scoop ice cream into cake centers. Drizzle with ice cream topping and raspberry sauce; sprinkle with pecans and additional raspberries if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 1044 calories, 41g fat (6g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 782mg sodium, 159g carbohydrate (101g sugars, 10g fiber), 14g protein
Reviews for Mini Chocolate Raspberry Cakes
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.