Mini Chocolate Raspberry Cakes Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon raspberry extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- Chopped pecans and additional fresh raspberries, optional
- 1. In a bowl, beat the egg, sugar, water, oil and extracts until well blended. In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended.
- 2. Pour into four 4-in. fluted tube pans or 6-oz. ramekins coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. For raspberry sauce, in a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in raspberries and water; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Press through a sieve; discard seeds.
- 4. Scoop ice cream into cake centers. Drizzle with ice cream topping and raspberry sauce; sprinkle with pecans and additional raspberries if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 1044 calories, 41g fat (6g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 782mg sodium, 159g carbohydrate (101g sugars, 10g fiber), 14g protein .
Reviews for Mini Chocolate Raspberry Cakes
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.