Mini-Choco Cupcakes Recipe
Cupcakes should be more than just cake batter divided into muffin tins. True cupcakes are not as crumbly as cake, but have a lighter texture than muffins.—Anette Stevens, Olds, Alberta
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar. Add vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Alternately add dry ingredients and milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients; beat well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips. Line regular or mini muffin cups with baking papers. Fill each two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 14 to 16 minutes or until muffins tests done. Cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 24 regular or 48 mini cupcakes.
1 serving (1 each) equals 217 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC