- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract, optional
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Optional toppings: toasted coconut, sprinkles and toasted chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese and sugar until blended. Beat in egg and extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in miniature chocolate chips. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until firm enough to shape.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Shape level tablespoons of dough into crescent shapes. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt 2 cups chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway into chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. If desired, sprinkle with toppings. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Mini-Chip Crescent Cookies in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2014, p55
Reviews for Mini-Chip Crescent Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review