For the chocoholic in you, get your fix early by whipping up a batch of hot cocoa pancakes dotted with mini chocolate chips! — Joyce Moynihan, Lakeville, Minnesota
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar and whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, butter and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Coat a griddle with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop. Turn; cook until second side is lightly browned. If desired, dust with powdered sugar and serve with whipped cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mini-Chip Cocoa Pancakes in Taste of Home April/May 2013
Reviews for Mini-Chip Cocoa Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 17, 2014
"These were good, but a little heavy and a little rich for me. Of course my son loved them. He added chocolate syrup as well. (shudder)"
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2013
"These were delicious and so easy to make!"
Reviewed May. 20, 2013