Mini-Chip Cocoa Pancakes
For the chocoholic in you, get your fix early by whipping up a batch of hot cocoa pancakes dotted with mini chocolate chips! — Joyce Moynihan, Lakeville, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar and whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl,
- whisk eggs, milk, butter and vanilla until blended. Add to flour
- mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Coat a griddle with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Pour batter
- by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop.
- Turn; cook until second side is lightly browned. If desired, dust
- with powdered sugar and serve with whipped cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 pancakes equals 489 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 725 mg sodium,