Mini-Chip Cocoa Pancakes Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar and whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, butter and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 2. Coat a griddle with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop. Turn; cook until second side is lightly browned. If desired, dust with powdered sugar and serve with whipped cream. Yield: 4 servings.
3 pancakes (calculated without whipped cream): 489 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 725mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Mini-Chip Cocoa Pancakes
"These were good, but a little heavy and a little rich for me. Of course my son loved them. He added chocolate syrup as well. (shudder)"
"These were delicious and so easy to make!"