Mini-Chip Cocoa Pancakes Recipe
For the chocoholic in you, get your fix early by whipping up a batch of hot cocoa pancakes dotted with mini chocolate chips! — Joyce Moynihan, Lakeville, Minnesota
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar and whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, butter and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 2. Coat a griddle with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop. Turn; cook until second side is lightly browned. If desired, dust with powdered sugar and serve with whipped cream. Yield: 4 servings.
3 pancakes equals 489 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 725 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC