Mini Chicken Turnovers Recipe
"I've been making these hearty tiny turnovers for several years," remarks Mary Detweiler of West Farmington, Ohio. "They take a little extra time to assemble, but it's worth it since they taste so special."
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-3/4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon each garlic salt, poultry seasoning and pepper
- 1 package (3 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 to 5 tablespoons cold water
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in chicken, broth, seasonings and cream cheese; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt and paprika; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms.
- On a floured surface, roll out pastry to 1/16-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Reroll scraps and cut more circles. Mound a heaping teaspoon of filling on half of each circle. Moisten edges with water; fold pastry over filling and press edges with a fork to seal.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling. Prick tops with a fork. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Mini Chicken Turnovers in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p64
Reviews for Mini Chicken Turnovers(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review