"I've been making these hearty tiny turnovers for several years," remarks Mary Detweiler of West Farmington, Ohio. "They take a little extra time to assemble, but it's worth it since they taste so special."
Recommended: Handheld Recipes for Busy People On-The-Go
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-3/4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon each garlic salt, poultry seasoning and pepper
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 to 5 tablespoons cold water
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in chicken, broth, seasonings and cream cheese; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt and paprika; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms.
- On a floured surface, roll out pastry to 1/16-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Reroll scraps and cut more circles. Mound a heaping teaspoon of filling on half of each circle. Moisten edges with water; fold pastry over filling and press edges with a fork to seal.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling. Prick tops with a fork. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Mini Chicken Turnovers in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p64
Reviews forMini Chicken Turnovers
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2011
"These are yummy. I've made them several times."
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2010
"Will adjust to make the filling just a little moister next time. Excellent taste!"