Mini Chicken Salad Croissants Recipe
Fresh-tasting and great for a get-together, this popular chicken salad could also be served on lettuce or a slice of cantaloupe or honeydew melon. When there will be kids in the crowd, I often substitute halved red seedless grapes for the peppers. —Patricia D. Tjugum, Tomahawk, Wisconsin
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 20 lettuce leaves
- 20 miniature croissants, split
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, mushrooms and peppers; stir in sour cream mixture until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 2. Just before serving, stir in bacon and pecans. Spoon 1/4 cup chicken salad onto each lettuce-lined croissant. Yield: 20 sandwiches.
1 sandwich equals 223 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 440 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC