Mini Chicken Salad Croissants Recipe
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 20 lettuce leaves
- 20 miniature croissants, split
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, mushrooms and peppers; stir in sour cream mixture until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 2. Just before serving, stir in bacon and pecans. Spoon 1/4 cup chicken salad onto each lettuce-lined croissant. Yield: 20 sandwiches.
1 each: 223 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 440mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein
Reviews for Mini Chicken Salad Croissants
"These croissant sandwiches are absolutely delicious. I did add the sliced grapes as well as the green pepper and we loved it. I am already planning on serving them at a meeting next month. Delicious.I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"This was a good sandwich and easy to put together after a long days work. I didn't have the nuts or mushrooms, so we did without. I added green onion, garlic powder, and chopped cherry tomatoes. I would make this again."
"Great summertime sandwich!"
"I added some garlic powder and it made all the flavors come together. This would be good to use up any leftover turkey, too."
"I prepared this recipe for a small group of ladies; served it with some condiments and a fruit salad. It was a big hit and really did make exactly 20!!LJRose Schaumburg, IL"
"Mini chicken salad croissants are a simple, easy meal to make and one my family makes whenever we have all the ingredients. They are so good and so easy to eat, they're a keeper for sure and going in my recipe box."
"Excellent flavour and I added a little green onion to it as well."