Mini Chicken Empanadas Recipe
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. On a lightly floured surface, roll each pastry sheet into a 15-inch circle. Cut with a floured 3-in. round biscuit cutter.
- 2. Place about 1 teaspoon filling on one half of each circle. Moisten pastry edges with water. Fold pastry over filling. Press edges with a fork to seal.
- 3. Transfer to greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 empanada: 81 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Mini Chicken Empanadas
"I used a homemade crust and loved this filling. I took a shortcut and used canned chicken. They were great!"
"These were so good! We didn't have jalape?o so we substituted a tablespoon of diced green chilies and served with salsa and cheese queso for dipping!"
"Really good recipe. Not as spicy as I was expecting. I made this 2 nights in a row. The second night I added a few things like garlic and cayenne pepper to the mixture for a little extra flavor. Also used salsa for dipping."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.