- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. On a lightly floured surface, roll each pastry sheet into a 15-inch circle. Cut with a floured 3-in. round biscuit cutter.
- Place about 1 teaspoon filling on one half of each circle. Moisten pastry edges with water. Fold pastry over filling. Press edges with a fork to seal.
- Transfer to greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Mini Chicken Empanadas
Sort By :
Made mine with pheasant. Really good and really easy with store-bought pie dough. Will definitely make again!
Really good recipe. Not as spicy as I was expecting. I made this 2 nights in a row. The second night I added a few things like garlic and cayenne pepper to the mixture for a little extra flavor. Also used salsa for dipping.