My 11-year-old son Jake invented these sliders at dinner one night when he plunked his chicken on a biscuit. The rest of us tried it his way, and now we have them a lot. —Jodie Kolsan, Palm Coast, Florida
Recommended: 50 Kid-Friendly Meals (That Aren't Chicken Nuggets)
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Optional toppings: cranberry chutney, lettuce leaves, sliced tomato and red onion
- Bake biscuits according to package directions. Meanwhile, cut chicken crosswise in half. Pound with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt, thyme and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken in batches; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Split biscuits in half; top with chicken and toppings as desired. Replace tops. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Mini Chicken & Biscuit Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious February/March 2015
Reviews for Mini Chicken & Biscuit Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2015
"My husband loves these sandwiches. I could only find mango chutney at the time and used that. It was yummy. The kids weren't too thrilled about the chutney, though, so I left that off of theirs."