Mini Cherry Muffins
These pretty muffins from our Test Kitchen are perfect for Christmas morning. Make them the night before and keep on the counter in an air tight container.
13 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup red candied cherries, chopped
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, yogurt and
- extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into creamed
- mixture just until moistened. Fold in cherries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out
- clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 muffins equals 205 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.