Mini Cherry Muffins Recipe
These pretty muffins from our Test Kitchen are perfect for Christmas morning. Make them the night before and keep on the counter in an air tight container.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup red candied cherries, chopped
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, yogurt and extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in cherries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Mini Cherry Muffins in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p8
Reviews for Mini Cherry Muffins(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2012
I love the combination of the cherries and almond in these delightful muffins. I made them to take to a brunch potluck, they were a hit. I followed the recipe to the "T" and would not change a thing.