Cinnamon and sugar add a sweet touch to the biscuits that top these warm fruit treats from Dixie Terry. "The individual servings are a great way to surprise your family with dessert...even on the busiest of days," writes the Goreville, Illinois baker.
Recommended: 60 Spring Farmers Market Recipes
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 tube (6 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 5 biscuits
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Set aside some of the pie filling, including five cherries, for garnish. Divide the remaining filling among five ungreased 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups.
- Top each with a biscuit; brush with butter. Combine sugars and cinnamon; sprinkle over biscuits. Bake at 375° for 14-18 minutes or until biscuits are browned. Top with reserved pie filling. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Mini Cherry Cobblers in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p40
Reviews for Mini Cherry Cobblers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2009
"These were very good tasting and so easy to make!"