Cinnamon and sugar add a sweet touch to the biscuits that top these warm fruit treats from Dixie Terry. "The individual servings are a great way to surprise your family with dessert...even on the busiest of days," writes the Goreville, Illinois baker.
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 tube (6 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 5 biscuits
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Set aside some of the pie filling, including five cherries, for garnish. Divide the remaining filling among five ungreased 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups.
- Top each with a biscuit; brush with butter. Combine sugars and cinnamon; sprinkle over biscuits. Bake at 375° for 14-18 minutes or until biscuits are browned. Top with reserved pie filling. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Mini Cherry Cobblers in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p40
Reviews for Mini Cherry Cobblers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review