Mini Cherry Cheesecakes Recipe
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pound pitted canned or frozen tart red cherries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Red food coloring, optional
- In a small bowl, combine crumbs and butter. Press gently onto the bottom of 12 paper-lined muffin cups. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Spoon into crusts.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until centers are almost set. Cool completely.
- Drain cherries, reserving 1/2 cup juice in a saucepan; discard remaining juice. To reserved juice, add the cherries, sugar, cornstarch and food coloring if desired. Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute or until thickened. Cool; spoon over cheesecakes. Chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Mini Cherry Cheesecakes(15)
Sort By :
I make this, but I use pecan sandies crumbs for the crust. Great change & taste. I also use canned fruit of all kinds. My grandkids love these.
These are wonderful. I have been making them for years. They are easy to make.
So simple and so delicious! Just the right size for a snack!
I'd love to try this, maybe using crushed Oreos instead. But, I'd think this particular method (mini cheesecakes in multiple cupcake papers) is far more "fussy" than putting it all in a single serving dish. Still, I'm planning to try it.
This was delicious--and so fast and easy to make. Used canned pie filling and worked great.Took it to work and they disappeared before lunch breaks were over.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecake Toppings >
- Cheesecakes >
- Cherry Cheesecakes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >