Mini Cherry Cheesecakes Recipe
These individual cheesecakes make a festive dessert that's just right for cooks who don't have a lot of time for "fussy" recipes.—Kay Keller, Morenci, Michigan
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pound pitted canned or frozen tart red cherries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Red food coloring, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine crumbs and butter. Press gently onto the bottom of 12 paper-lined muffin cups. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Spoon into crusts.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until centers are almost set. Cool completely.
- 3. Drain cherries, reserving 1/2 cup juice in a saucepan; discard remaining juice. To reserved juice, add the cherries, sugar, cornstarch and food coloring if desired. Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute or until thickened. Cool; spoon over cheesecakes. Chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 228 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC