- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Mandarin oranges, pineapple tidbits, halved maraschino cherries and/or chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add sugar, vanilla and salt and mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Spoon into paper-lined miniature muffin cups, 2 tablespoons in each. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and confectioners' sugar until smooth; spread over cheesecakes. Decorate with fruit and/or nuts. Chill for at least 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Mini Cheesecake Cups
Sort By :
"These are really great little cheesecakes! I have used this recipe for years. Just use common sense when filling the cups and don't get hung up on an exact amount. I top them with diced apples and caramel, toffee bits, diced fruit, mini chocolate chips ... the possibilities are endless!"
"I agree that 2 tablespoons of filling is too much filling for mini muffin tins, but these mini cheesecakes are easy to make, very pretty, and delicious! They were a big hit at my family’s Christmas party. I used one tablespoon of filling per cupcake, and used double the amount of sour cream topping to top all of the mini cheesecakes. I decorated mine with halved maraschino cherries, and they were beautiful. Thank you for a great recipe."
"2 Tbls. is way to much for miniture pans. I have made these twice now, and still the same. Way to much filling."