Meatloaf takes so long to make in the oven so I created a stove-top recipe which is just as good.—Betty B. Claycomb, Alverton, Pennsylvania
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup soft bread cubes
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 6 sticks (2-1/2 inches x 1/2 inch each) cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a bowl, combine first six ingredients. Mix in beef. Divide into six portions. Shape each portion around a cheese stick and form into a loaf. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, combine all sauce ingredients. Add loaves and spoon sauce over each. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer; cook until done, about 20 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Individual Meat Loaves in Country Woman January/February 1992, p37
Reviews for Mini Cheese Meat Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review