- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup soft bread cubes
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 6 sticks (2-1/2 inches x 1/2 inch each) cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a bowl, combine first six ingredients. Mix in beef. Divide into six portions. Shape each portion around a cheese stick and form into a loaf. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, combine all sauce ingredients. Add loaves and spoon sauce over each. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer; cook until done, about 20 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mini Cheese Meat Loaves
"My two kids loved this, but my husband thought it could use some seasoning and he missed the crunch that baking it provides. But overall, this was a really good and fairly quick recipe. I substituted ground turkey for ground beef, but otherwise, made no changes to the recipe. Served it with sweet potato fries and roasted green beans."
"Great recipe! Quick to make and had a lot of flavor!"
"This sounds yummy and for the most part meets my husband's dietary needs but I need to reduce the sodium. Can I substitute onion powder for the salt and low sodium tomato sauce without sacrificing flavor?"
"Yummy. Serve with pasta or mashed potatoes !!"
"Excellent idea,well done."