- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup soft bread cubes
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 sticks (2-1/2 inches x 1/2 inch each) cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a bowl, combine first six ingredients. Mix in beef. Divide into six portions. Shape each portion around a cheese stick and form into a loaf. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, combine all sauce ingredients. Add loaves and spoon sauce over each. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer; cook until done, about 20 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mini Cheese Meat Loaves
Sort By :
I gave this recipe to my two bachelor sons to make as they need simple meals to cook. They and their friends LOVED it. In fact, they said it might be their new favorite recipe.
Great recipe to split for eat now, eat later! Also I made smaller portions (12 loaves), using 6 string cheese sticks, cut each in half, shape 1/4 cup of meat mixture around cheese. Combine sauce ingredients in large bowl instead of skillet. Take 6 loaves plus 1/2 of the sauce for eat now. For eat later, take the remaining 6 loaves wrapping each individually with plastic wrap. Freeze those loaves and the remaining sauce in airtight containers. When ready to use, put in refrigerator that morning to thaw, then that evening just unwrap and cook as directed. You could divide loaves and sauce into servings to fit your needs, 2, 3, 4, etc. Enjoy, we sure did!