Mini Caramel Rolls Recipe
Here's the perfect warm treat for pajama-clad family mornings. These ooey-gooey baked rolls come together in moments—thanks to a tube of refrigerated crescent rolls—and disappear just as quickly. —Kayla Wiegand, Congerville, Illinois
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate; set aside.
- 2. Separate crescent dough into four rectangles; gently press perforations to seal. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over rectangles. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal.
- 3. Cut each into nine slices; place cut side down in prepared pie plate. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pie plate for 1 minute before inverting onto a serving plate. Yield: 12 servings.
3 rolls equals 155 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC