Mini Butter Biscuits
When my mom dropped her homemade rolls while on the way to my house one Thanksgiving, I improvised and whipped up a batch of these buttery bite-sized biscuits. Since then they've been part of our traditional Thanksgiving meal.
21 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Place flour in a bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse
- crumbs. Stir in sour cream until just until moistened.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls into ungreased miniature muffin cups.
- Bake at 450° for 11-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool
- for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: About
- 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 137 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.