Mini Burgers with the Works
I started preparing these mini burgers several years ago as a way to use up bread crusts accumulating in my freezer. They're delicious. —Linda Lane, Bennington, Vermont
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 3 slices process American cheese
- 4 slices white bread (heels of loaf recommended)
- 2 tablespoons prepared Thousand Island salad dressing
- 2 pearl onions, thinly sliced
- 4 baby dill pickles, thinly sliced
- 3 cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Shape beef into twelve 1-in. patties. Place on a microwave-safe plate
- lined with paper towels. Cover with another paper towel; microwave
- on high for 1 minute until meat is no longer pink. Cut each slice of
- cheese into fourths; set aside.
- Using a 1-in. round cookie cutter, cut out six circles from each
- slice of bread. Spread half of the bread circles with dressing.
- Layer with burgers, cheese, onions, pickles and tomatoes. Top with
- remaining bread circles; secure with toothpicks. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 68 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or