- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 3 slices process American cheese
- 4 slices white bread (heels of loaf recommended)
- 2 tablespoons prepared Thousand Island salad dressing
- 2 pearl onions, thinly sliced
- 4 baby dill pickles, thinly sliced
- 3 cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Shape beef into twelve 1-in. patties. Place on a microwave-safe plate lined with paper towels. Cover with another paper towel; microwave on high for 1 minute until meat is no longer pink. Cut each slice of cheese into fourths; set aside.
- Using a 1-in. round cookie cutter, cut out six circles from each slice of bread. Spread half of the bread circles with dressing. Layer with burgers, cheese, onions, pickles and tomatoes. Top with remaining bread circles; secure with toothpicks. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Mini Burgers with the Works in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p210
Reviews for Mini Burgers with the Works
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 15, 2010
"Very quick and easy. Kids loved it! I used store bought potato roll minis instead of bread crust."
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2009
"This recipe is very good.... I like it alot"