Mini-Burger Potato Bites Recipe
The caramelized onions and creamy sauce make these yummy bites a huge hit at parties. People say they’re even better than the mini burger appetizers that are so popular at restaurants.—Maribeth Condo, Lindenhurst, Illinois
- 16 frozen waffle-cut fries
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 3 large egg yolks
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 slices cheddar cheese, quartered
- 1. Bake waffle fries according to package directions. In a large skillet, cook onions in butter and oil over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add the sugar, salt and pepper; cook 3-5 minutes longer or until onions are golden brown, stirring frequently.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine beef and steak seasoning. Shape into 16 patties. Cook in a large skillet until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear, turning once.
- 3. For sauce, in a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, constantly whisk the egg yolks, lemon juice and water until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Reduce heat to low. Slowly drizzle in warm melted butter, whisking constantly.
- 4. Top each waffle fry with a burger and cheese. Broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with onions and sauce. Yield: 16 appetizers.
1 appetizer equals 195 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Mini-Burger Potato Bites
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC