- For sauce, in a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water,
- constantly whisk the egg yolks, lemon juice and water until mixture
- reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal
- spoon. Reduce heat to low. Slowly drizzle in warm melted butter,
- whisking constantly.
- Top each waffle fry with a burger and cheese. Broil 4-5 in. from the
- heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with onions and
- sauce. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 195 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.