Celery adds a nice crunch to these no-fuss appetizers. The delightful nibbles are always popular at parties and get-togethers.—Elizabeth Borgemenke, Mason, Ohio
14 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 28 cherry tomatoes
- 7 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out and discard
- pulp; invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain. In a small bowl,
- combine the bacon, mayonnaise, onions, cheese, celery and parsley.
- Spoon into tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Yield: 28 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 2 stuffed tomatoes equals 38 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.