Celery adds a nice crunch to these no-fuss appetizers. The delightful nibbles are always popular at parties and get-togethers.—Elizabeth Borgemenke, Mason, Ohio
- 28 cherry tomatoes
- 7 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out and discard pulp; invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain. In a small bowl, combine the bacon, mayonnaise, onions, cheese, celery and parsley. Spoon into tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 28 appetizers.
Originally published as BLT Bites in Light & Tasty October/November 2006, p58
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mini BLTs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review