I made these the first time with some leftover roast meat. I wanted to jazz up the leftovers and here is what transpired! My husband and I love these little, golden, crisp chimis! We make them for parties all the time. This is excellent served with guacamole, or alone!—
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups shredded cooked roast beef
- 1 package (16 ounces) egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Guacamole, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Stir in cooked beef.
- Place 1/4 cup filling in the center of one egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chimichangas in batches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with guacamole if desired. Yield: 20 mini chimichangas.
Originally published as Mini Beef Chimichangas in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p82
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Mini Beef Chimichangas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review