“This recipe won several blue ribbons at our county and Nebraska State Fairs,” writes Anna Marie Moore from Aurora, Nebraska. “It’s especially wonderful with black walnuts.” TIP: Since this bread freezes so well, why not double the recipe and keep a loaf on hand for guests or a quick gift?
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large)
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with banana. Fold in walnuts.
- Transfer to a 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Banana Nut Bread in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p15
Reviews for Mini Banana Nut Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review