Mini Banana Cream Pies Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 large firm bananas
- Combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of five 5-in. pie plates. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk and water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Slice bananas into crusts; spoon custard over top. Top with whipped cream. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Yield: 5 mini pies.
Originally published as Banana Cream Pies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p160
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mini Banana Cream Pies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review