Bite-size and brimming with bacon and cheese, these melt-in-your-mouth tidbits are easy for guests to handle, and they look so colorful on a buffet. Nobody can stop with just one.
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Sprinkle each pastry crust with 1 teaspoon flour; place floured side down on a lightly floured surface. Cut 12 circles from each crust, using a 2-1/2 in. round biscuit cutter. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of mixture into each prepared crust. Bake at 400° for 14-18 minutes or until filling is set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Mini Bacon Quiches in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2005, p23
Reviews for Mini Bacon Quiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review